Trial and Error" It certainly is heck to try to teach an old dog new trick. I have been trying to do my new blog on my own after my teacher went home. Maybe this time. Well yesterday was my Ides of March. Or let us say Grandpa and my Oct 9th day--Little did I know that back in 1944 on the Oct 9th Lenau would leave Illinois on his trip to go to California to be there 9 months and move 8 times in that period of time and on to Okinawa. Then several years later he started his job with the Rentex Laundry on Oct 9th and later when we were to move back to La Grande again it was Oct 9th. And then later on the sad day in 2008 again the Oct 9th was when I took him to the emergency room to find out that he was a very sick person and on to his last days with us all. So now yesterday was again Oct 9 and I wondered what was going to happen that day. Should I shut myself up in the house and dare not go or do anything or what????? Well believe it or not I went to a card party and won---a whole $2.00 for first and then in the evening again back to my regular card party at the seniors--but luck did not do me that good again but just the same a good time was had and another Oct 9th is over. Ha Ha Ha. Maybe the jinks is over.
Oct 10 Last night we had a cold one--17 degrees they said--so guess winter has arrived. My big project today is trying to recover our card table. I bought some brown material and some thumb tacks and my trusty hammer and am tying to do a job that normally grandpa would have done if he were here. Oh well guess I will have to just keep on trying. Hmmmmmm not bad even if I say so myself.
Last week I got out the Halloween decoration and have our plastic pumpkins all filled with lights and the scarecrows and Carls pumpkin and all my earlier decorations of fall flowers. Happy Halloween to you all --come along you little trick or teaters.
That is really interesting about October the 9th! I am glad that it has come and gone and nothing happened!!Maybe the jinks is really over! Well you are better then i am I havent decorated at all for fall yet i better get on that before it is gone before i know it! I hope you have a great halloween and i hope it doesnt get too cold for you!! Love You!
ReplyDeleteHi Grandma, Glad you were able to figure out your blog. It is so nice to get an update from you this way! Sounds like it is really getting cold there. Hopefully you can stay nice and toasty warm! Love ya!
ReplyDelete